I honestly don’t know why Deck of Scarlet does not get more hype. They are pretty darn awesome for the following reasons:
- They are very interactive on Instagram. When you make a comment on a post, they always take the time to reply. I think that is very polite.
- They don’t just send you a palette, but also an extra item.
- They evolve and listen. They just introduced a monthly plan for $29.99 which gives you the option of a palette or kit which has a range of full size items.
I still subscribe to the bimonthly plan, which includes a palette and an extra for $29.99, but I have a feeling that will be phased out soon for the monthly plan. Regardless, it’s a great subscription because the products are top notch.
Edition #12 was curated by Lupe Cuevas and its a bright, kick ass palette with the following shades options:
- Obsessed- muted matte pink
- Cocoa- mid tone matte brown
- Groove- dark purple shimmer
- Crystallized- icy pink highlighter
- Inst- Famous- bright fuscia blush/shadow
- Dizzy- icy pink lip topper
- Undone- creamy grungy brown lip color
I really enjoyed all the shades, except I found Crystallized to be a bit too pressed to get much of a color punch or glow without having to scrape the top layer.
Don’t be afraid of Inst- Famous. Although it’s very bright, it won’t leave you looking clownish and it makes a lovely eyeshadow as well.
Undone is the real winner for me. It’s this grungy 90’s inspired brown and it’s GORGEOUS! As a true 90’s teen/ young adult, it brought back many memories.
Now, if only Deck of Scarlet would make Undone into a lipstick, I would be set!
Do you subscribe to Deck of Scarlet? If so, let me know what you think of the latest palette or new monthly subscription offering.
Till next time, my friends!
One thought on “Deck of Scarlet – Edition #12 – Review Time!”
I saw this palette on instagram, that purple/pink blush looks so pretty!