If you are a long time reader/friend of my blog, you may already know that I can be kind of a Hot Mess. Not on purpose, of course. As a working mom, I’m just kind of pulled in a million directions at all times and my day can consist of work meetings, after school activities, homework and housework. When your day is split up like that, I don’t have the time or desire to do a full face of complicated makeup.
Now when I say I don’t want any complications, it doesn’t mean that I want something uninspiring or boring, but easy. I don’t want to take out 72 products just to look put together.
Ain’t nobody got time for that!
So when I saw that Itsse was having a sale on their quad collab with Love for Laquer, I knew that I was going to pick that up and see if I can switch from “Hot Mess” to “Hot-Ness”.
See what I did there?? 😉
The Glambition Collection is really up my alley for multiple reasons:
- The golden pinky color spectrum is so easy to work with. Perfect for a natural look, with just right amount of shimmer and glam to give it that “I’m Naturally Glowy” look.
- They are buttery to the touch and are really blendable. The shimmery shades can be foiled for that metallic kick or patted on with your finger and the matte blends BEAUTIFULLY with a fluffy brush. There is a bit of kick up when you dip your brush into the product, but nothing major, in my opinion.
- They are multifunctional colors. The pinky peach matte cheek color in #GIRLBOSS is actually a fantastic transition or crease shade.
- Same goes for Run the World (pinky shimmer) and Hustle & Glow (yellow gold shimmer) illuminators. They can be used on the lids, inner corners, under the brow bone and on the cheekbones. However, I will say that they are a bit glittery, so if you don’t like a chunky highlighter, I would avoid putting them on the cheeks or go in with a light hand.
- Goal Digger, a beautiful rose gold shimmer, deserves it’s own bullet point. I LOVE this color. It’s not an overpowering pink or chunky in any way and if you want an easy look, just pat it on your lid with a bit of #GIRLBOSS on the crease. If you want to take it up a notch, get a dark brown shade and build up that outer V and add a winged liner. Perfection!
The last point is the only real downside I find to this collection. I need to add a little depth to my crease and outer V and usually go into a chocolatey brown. Is that a real problem? No. These are singles, so when I was curating a palette around these colors, I picked out a nice brown from another palette and added it to this one. You can also dip into your contour or bronzer in a pinch.
I am affiliated with Ittse, so if you want to shop the Glambition collection, feel free to use my link here. Keep in mind, that if you do decide to make a purchase using my link, I will get a slight commission.
Any of you have you have any specific looks using this collection? If so, leave it in the comments below. You all know I need all the help I can get.
Till next time, my friends!