I hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve and that the first day of 2018 has been SPECTACULAR! I personally had a wonderful past 2 days enjoying time with my family and friends, but I wanted to pop in before the end of the day and wish everyone a very Happy New Year!
Like I did on Christmas Day, I thought it would be fun to list some highlights from the past 2 days.
- Went to go see The Greatest Showman with my kids, mom, aunt and some family friends. All I have to say is that Hugh Jackman is PHENOMENAL! Don’t wait to see this movie when it comes out on video. It’s one of those that you have to experience on a big screen.
- Chinese food with above mentioned ladies after the movie. They say that it’s good luck to eat Chinese food on New Years, but that may be made up. Who cares! I love me some noodles.
- Doing tequila shots like a college girl with my friends and dancing regaetton and salsa till the ball dropped. Needless to say that our dancing definitely got looser the more shots we took, but it was so much fun. If you want to see what our husbands did while we danced, check out my Instagram Highlights Story appropriately titled New Years Eve. 🙂
- Before doing above mentioned tequila shots, playing Heads Up with all the couples and laughing our heads off. Mostly because we were also drinking cocktails while playing. I promise I am not a lush, but it’s New Years Eve!! You got let loose sometimes.
- Smooching my husband and kids at midnight. I love them so much!
- Waking up surprisingly NOT hungover. Must be all the Chinese food and carbs I loaded up on during lunch the day before.
- Going to lunch at one of our favorite local restaurants, Flanigans, with my husband and kids to celebrate the New Year. It’s kind of a tradition.
- Getting out with Sofia and walking the track by our house to neutralize all the food we ate the last 2 days and also to kick start our New Years resolution to be fit and healthy.
- Capping the day off BBQ-ing some burgers in the new grill my mom received as a gift. I know that most of the US is under snow, but we have had the most beautiful weather in Miami the past couple of days. Not hot, but not cold. PERFECT!
Feel free to let me know what you guys did because one of my goals is to get to know you much better. I feel like we are all virtual neighbors here and it’s nice to get personal and find out how you are doing or what you did on any given day, so drop a comment and keep me up to date.
Till next time, my friends!